Thursday, April 16, 2009

"worry is the misuse of your imagination"

today makes day 3 of consecutive days biking and actually going somewhere (as opposed to riding back and forthe between the rents' and doug and esther's or loops for training). i spent my first night out at christine's, hanging out with matt and matt and david and her, talking about public policy and regulation. yesterday put me in dover, back at the hospital to catch up with old friends i haven't seen since before my hike. we went out to drinks and dinner, where despite my best efforts i ended up being served non-vegan food. but rather to eat it than to throw it away (next time i'll be much more explicit about my requests). and i spent last night at a "couch surfing" stop in dover, with someone who is from my hometown (mont vernon) and went to my highschool, and travelled to australia and new zealand with me back in 2001. sam, his friend bobby, and i, had a great night with a little too much wine, an unsuccessful attempt at dumpster diving, and great conversation.

i'm sitting now in nottingham, soaking up some sun, after a short (30 min) nap on the square. after i woke up a woman walked by to talk with me about my trip. apparently her daughter is also on a bike tour, down around tennessee and north carolina. i have ot say, people never fail to impress me with their goodwill and desire to share and commune.

tonight i will be couch surfing again in machester, this time not with someone i coincidentally know from the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment