Monday, April 13, 2009

tell me it doesn't pay to be a cute girl

i'll tell you you're wrong.

so i went to the bike store to buy my FINAL items (god willing) and they were new tires, new tubes, and a new helmet.

they were all out of tubes. so i had to go to ems, where the cute, boyish, girl behind the counter asks me, "are you a student?" (they have a student discount at ems), to which i say, 'no, i wish,' and she says, 'well, i'll give you the nice person discount, anyway...it's not official, but...'

sweet.

then after getting home and being unable to find my tire levers, and therefore unable to change the old tires out for the new ones, i head back to bike international, where the same mechanic gives me a set of tire levers for free.

sweet.

then i go back home and still completely fail to get the tire changed, because it was so incredibly tight fitting. i bring it and the wheel back to bike international, where not only the same mechanic but also every guy in the shop attempts to put it on for me. and then, when it finally happens, and it turns out the tube is leaking, they take it apart, give me a new tube for free, and put it back together, and never charge me for the at least 30 minutes of labor they put into it.

sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment