Friday, April 10, 2009

Plans? We don't need no stinkin' PLANS!!!

"Plans?? We don't need no stinkin' PLANS!!"

i will probably never see the movie that line is originally stolen from, but i HAVE seen UHF, which really ought to be on everyone's must watch list. absolutely a classic.

so i am officially unemployed, which is totally rediculous. not like it's the first time i've ever been unemployed. i was unemployed through much of my college career, and obviously for the 6 months i hiked the AT i had no job, either. but this time i also have nothing really going on. i mean, yes, i have this bike trip which to most people seems to be a pretty major thing going on. but once i get to virginia in a month and a week, i really have no plans.

and even the plans i have to get myself to virginia are so so lax. take for example, my original intention to move out of the dining room today and head up to nh for the next week or so before heading down to the dirty south. i miraculously have discovered an extra week of my life, and realized that there's no urgency for my pulling out. so i've done a little exploring on the old couchsurfing.com (if you don't know it....totally check it out) and now plan to head north this coming tuesday. which means, while i'm already offically unemployed, i'm no longer officially homeless (until tuesday) as originally planned.

so now my plans are simply to ride my bike as much as possible, and have the best good time. that's forever, folks. maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment