Thursday, April 30, 2009

lehighton, pa

so delaware water gap is a pretty nice town. and there's a church hostel there run by pastor karen. and last year, she gave my hiking partner wookie crap for no reason about when he was leaving (in fact, as he was packing up she acted like he was taking advantage of the stay and told him he HAD to leave..which he was in process of doing). i rode into town last night after an 85 mile ride (my longest yet) to find pastor karen talking with the 4 (not thru-)hikers who were at the hostel for the night, and after greeting me and my telling her we met last year when i thru-hiked and i am now riding my bike to virginia and i'm hoping i can stay the night she got all serious and angry and takes a million deep breaths and basically makes a REAL elaborate show out of telling me 'ok.....but don't tell anyone you were here, we have a lot of trouble with bikers, and this place is for HIKERS, and bikers can just ride themselves to anywhere they might want to go...'

anyway, my point is, some people are awesome. and some people think they're awesome, but are actually just not. i dunno what's her deal. but i stayed the night, hung out with a few hikers, crushed a game of scrabble, and now i'm in lehighton, pa, checking email and having lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment