Wednesday, April 22, 2009

officially official?

i feel like my dad, who has so much 'favorite' music that he has to qualify his favorites with terms like, 'all time favorite' and 'all time favorite of all time.' for what it's worth, i'm riding my bike to virginia. and today, for the first time, i'm closer to virginia than i was when i started. that's right. forward progress. i don't know if you know this, but i'm pretty awesome.

today was an uneventful ride, save a small amount of rain. in attempt to not overdo it i've planned frequent overnights and don't have to ride more than 50ish miles any given day, which at this point seems like it may have been an unnecessary step...i left my parent's house after noon today and arrived at my destination by 4pm (2 hrs before i meet with my couchsurfing host).

thank god for the thru-hiking experience, which taught me (oh so well) how to burn time in town as a vagabond. so i'm here at the library (i asked that guy in the street where to find it, he gave me really good directions, thanks guy in the street), which, i would like to go on record as saying, is THE busiest public library i have ever been in. i mean, there are people here. the computers are all full (tho i only had to wait for...like 5 minutes to get on one) and people are reading books and hanging out and talking to each other and...it's bustling, that's what i'm trying to say.

so i'm out of new hampshire. won't be back for at least a month. i'm officially really on this bike trip. but more importantly, i'm officially heading towards my final destination. officially official. it's my all time favorite of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment