Wednesday, February 11, 2009

phase 3

vegan living phase 3 begins tomorrow.

spent the better part of tonight looking for things i can do with my time NEXT winter so i don't have to freeze my ass off in new england. and almost sent off some emails to farms down in florida who are looking for volunteers. and i realized...i'm talking about NEXT YEAR. that's a long time from now. like... a YEAR from now.

chances are i can make these things work, get this shit lined up...8 months from now, when it's more reasonable to do so. and, as doug says, worst case scenario...cut my hair and get a real job. i mean, i have to entertain that as a possibility, right??

every time i talk about this stuff (and by this stuff i obviously mean being a complete bum, not having a job and drifting around) i find myself asking (my brother, usually) if my mom is going to flip her shit. dougs says, hopefully not. i've been steadily warming her up to it, right?? by the time she realizes i'm actually a total bum, hopefully she'll have resigned that i'm not a total nut job and i am capable of surviving.

so phase 3 is living (vegan) on the cheap as much as possible. gonna have to cancel that account i have with boston organics, because i really don't need to spend $30 on 'local' organic veggies every week. i can survive on much cheaper oats and rice and potatoes and some couple few other things...hell i practically only eat oats right now as it is (and would be happy to do so). gonna try to drop the budget down from $100/wk to much less, drop my phone plan down to cheaper...and then fly by the seat of my pants, and be a hella bum!

go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment