Sunday, March 15, 2009

just an update

i went home again this weekend. my parents dog is officially full grown (he has his grown up face), my parents ate vegan dinner to accomodate me and i therefore influenced the world of meat eaters beyond my own contribution, i took my first bike ride of any substance in 5 years (only 15 miles...), i attended a mexican fiesta, and then came home to a dosa luncheon.

all in all, a good weekend, i think.

i officially have now in my posession a touring bike (thanks erik) that will be suitable for my future homeless plans, and i'm getting really excited. it's getting to be crunch time for serious planning/purchasing, since i do have quite a bit of biking gear to acquire before i can actually LIVE off my bike, and i'm beginning the trip in less than one month's time. wow. exciting.

in other news, i seem to have an addictive streak related to the music of jason mraz, whose last two albums, on first listening, really did almost nothing for me, save a couple select songs. but due to insane perserverance (for unknown reasons) on my part, i continue to listen to the entire albums, and now am totally in love with them each in there entirety. one year ago it was his second album (mr a-z), which was the only noise my car emitted for nearly 8 months, to the point where it became the ubiquitous background music of my life for almost the entire year before i hiked the at, and currently it is his latest album (we sing, we dance, we steal things), which has been piped directly into my ears nearly (or maybe more than?) 50% of my waking life the last week or so. am i crazy? i mean, unrelated to my political, economical, social, and emotional views? apparently, yes.

also, i chopped off all my hair. i mean, actually, i didn't chop off the hair, marin's hair dresser did. now i have maybe an average of 2-3 inches of hair all around my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment